Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here I Am

Evan here....It's been a long time since I have blogged. I have moved to winnipeg and found an apartment. I live with my good buddy mark on marion street. I got a job a Siloam mission working the night shift in the Homeless shelter. Four nights a week I work from 8:30 P.M. to 8:30 AM. The shelter holds about 83 people. 12 beds are saved for women, five beds are saved for a random families who come in, and the rest are for men. We turn the lights off at 11:00 and wake everyone up at 6:15. It's emergency only so we don't give out clothes or feed them but we do give them a towel to have a shower. If they wanted clothes that would walk down stairs in the morning. I'm getting a lot of reading done!!!!! I have 6 hours a night to read my text books. Ever 30 minutes I have the honour of walking up and down the rows praying for the homeless men of winnipeg. I find this to be the most rewarding part of my job.

1 Comments:

Blogger G-Force Youth said...

hey ev,
glad to here things are going well. i want to phone you this week but don't know when you don't sleep. let me know by phone or email when the best time to call is OR just phone me and we'll talk.
love you bro!!
-jas

12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home