Saturday, March 24, 2007

From Day To Day.

My life has been changing day by day. Since Christmas I have been very busy. I found a job in Winnipeg around the second week in January. It’s located in the heart of Winnipeg or what some would call the “North End”. I work in a Stainless Steel shop, delivering their product to customers and helping around the shop with some of the heavy lifting. The work has brought me a lot of satisfaction. I love to organize tangible things with my hands and create. Most of the guys I work with have been in the steel fabricating businesses for years so I learn something new everyday. Over the last few months God has done amazing things in my shop. God ripped the pornography off the walls, saved my life on at least one instance that I know of and given the guys an opportunity to hear the gospel. Everyone knows that I follow Christ and they joke about it everyday. Some comments are degrading but some are pretty funny. The other day one of the guys asked me why my coveralls were so worn at the knees and I told him it was because I spend a lot of time on my knees praying for him. The guys couldn’t stop laughing for at least five minutes. The funny part is that I do spend time on my knees praying for them. This just proves that truth can come in many forms. I don’t hold back the truth to avoid conflict but truth should always be told in love. Last week the company gave me a raise of a dollar. It was much unexpected because I’ve only been there two months. Unfortunately, my last day with the company is only a month away.

I’m starting to get ready for tree planting. This summer is going to be like none other. This is my first year of foremaning and I know that it will have its challenges. As the foreman I get some privileges but it’s a lot of work. Picking planters has had its challenges but God has blessed me with some amazing guys. I think I’m just as excited about getting my own f-350 to drive around. There is just something about a big truck with four wheel drive and a winch that makes a man grunt like Tim the Tool Man Taylor.

In preparation for rainy Northern B.C I bought a rain jacket from MEC. Here some pictures of me, testing this jacket to see if it really is water proof.





For those of you interested......................................It was!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Evan Moffat you look like a rocks star in the shower with that fansy pants jacket on.

5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hey Evan,

Who was taking the pictures I wonder?? That's wonderful that you're making a real difference in your workplace, keep it up, keep changing the atmosphere. Right now I'm in between jobs...I just quit working for Child and Family Services and will probably start at American Eagle in a few days.

Keep it real for Christ, brotha!
The end.

7:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ev. you make me laugh SO MUCH!!! although i'll see you before you go, don't forget to call me from the bush for encouragement and for vent release during the learning-curve of foremaning. say hi to amber for me. love you brutha!
-jason

10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess you'll update when you get back to 'toon town. see yah then ev! - luv ur brudder bearg

3:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home