Thursday, October 19, 2006

Until my knuckles turn white and alll my strength is gone!

I really have nothing to say that is interesting or intellectual at all. My life is consumed with studying material in a course that sometimes feels impossible. My hours are spent either eating, sleeping, thinking that I should sleep, or thinking that I should eat. I saunter the earth with a small hope that I will get any where purposeful and the only things that are giving me hope are the sporadic conversations I have with my classmates about our purpose and reason for living. With the pessimism of the great teacher, I quote from the old book of Ecclesiastes “Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” All might seem meaningless but only if God is not involved.

Lately, I have been asking my classmates what they believe about life, death, the after life. Asking them seems like the only reasonable thing to do when wanting to proclaim Absolute truth to a world of relativism. Every time I ask, I get a different answer. The answers range from “There is no God, God was created to give hope to the week and hopeless” …….. To ……… “ I’m sure there is a God but we can never know Him so what is the point in trying.” With every answer I was ready to give a “perfect” answer back, but I decided that I would “seek to understand before I seek to be understood” (that was taken from some counseling book somewhere……. don’t quote me). So, that is my life in a nutshell.

One thing that I do know is that God is always so faithful. His love falls on the faithful and unfaithful like the sunshine. His grace is extended to everyone. He is my love, my life and my hope in a dieing world full of pain. He is all that I need and all I can do is hold on to Him until my knuckles turn white and all my strength is gone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although not intellectual, very profound, ev. Thanks for the spiritual pick-me-up today with your blog! Have a great day brother, I love you.
-Jas

10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Ash-Am said...

where did the blogger go?
Amber

4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home