Friday, August 04, 2006

The Movement of Motive And The Acceptance Of Grace

Motive- what can I say about Motive... It is the invisible test of obedience towards God. All actions can be perfect without fault or problem but with the wrong motive, obedience can turn into disobedience. This can be shown in Genesis 4 with Cain and Abel. So, how does this apply to my life? Well, I'm glad you asked.....let me tell you. After months of being in the bush and having a lot of time to think, I have found that the wrong motive has been driving more actions in my life than I had previously thought. Being an ex-people pleaser I have the temptation to resort back to my past ways. But there is good news. The good news is that the more I accept the grace that God has to offer me, the more I realize who I am in Him. I am (with God's Grace) "Perfect, just as my heavenly father is perfect”, I have no spot or wrinkle in my soul because of what Christ has done for me. Grace is the simplest yet complex thing I have desired to understand. Although, I have only a small understanding of Gods grace, the very thought of grace moves everything that I am. Grace moves me in every way: mentally, physically, and spiritually. God’s grace is shown by his love, which is never ending. My desire is that all those who profess to be a Child of God come to see who they are in His eyes. My boasting does not come from what I have done but from who God is and what He has done for me. Grace has done a lot of remarkable things in my life, one of which has enabled me to become who I am………A Man Of God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash-Am said...

well I'm glad I asked too!!
Ex-people pleaser eh?! I'm hoping to become one of those one day soon. I talked to a friend of mine today and he called it the spirit of "Apathy". I know it sounds bad...but it's good. It's being apathetic towards people's reactions and responses that we can't control. WOOT.
You ARE a man of God, Ev...
Talk to you sooooooon!

3:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home