Friday, August 25, 2006

Keep Fit and Have Fun!!!!

On Sept 17 Amber and I will be running in the Terry Fox Run. I’m really excited about this run because it is the first Organized Run I have done in a while. I’m also starting to ask friends and family if they will support me in this run.
Lately, I have been doing a lot of biking around Winnipeg but just last week I biked out to Stonewall. The ride took me 2hours and 20 minutes with two 2-minute stops. The trip was a distance of 55 Km. I was so excited to do it that I barley slept the night before. Now, tomorrow morning I’m doing the trip again. The best part is that Amber lives out in Stonewall. So, I get to experience the ride and an amazing girlfriend. I hope to do some more long distance biking before the snow hits the ground. ………………. Maybe I’ll do a trip out to Landmark, or Steinbach. My dad was very gracious to let me use his bike for these long distance rides. I’ve been using his Iron Horse Mountain bike but I put some Road/Street Trends………………………. that ride as smooth as like a babies bottom. I’m still in the learning stages of distance riding but my hope is that some day in the future I can fulfill a dream that I have had for years. –The dream of a triathlon. Running, biking and swimming those are the events but what distances I’m not sure of.

Sprint- 1/2-mile ---------(.3km) Swim, (20k) Bike, (5km) Run
Olympic/International ---(1.5km) Swim, (40km) Bike, 10km) Run
Half-Ironman -----------(1.9km) Swim, (90km) Bike, (21km) Run
Ironman------------------(3.8km) Swim, (180km) Bike, (42km) Run

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash-Am said...

Lets do it Hal

3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home