The Cliffs of life!
Peering over the edge of a platform, suspended over a cliff that drops off a good ten meters I found my heart starting to beat faster. Many thoughts went through me mind. "If I slip this will really hurt" "Wow this is a lot higher than it looks" but the most interesting was "I thought I want to be a fire fighter, one would think that I would like to be up high"...... In situations like this the only thing to do is to jump. I stood on this platform with pure adrenaline running through my veins. As the wind blew the platform side to side there was no way I was going to climb all the way down after I have come so far. There is no way I'm going to step down. Still peering over the edge I let go of the rails that ran along the side of the platform and started to back up for the big jump. I stepped back 6 feet and without hesitation I ran forward and jumped. The fall seemed to last a life time. Arms flailing in the air, heart still racing at a million beats a minute I hit the water, surfaced and did it again. Tree planters call this cliff jumping and I call it an amazing experience.


1 Comments:
you are car-ray-zee....
Post a Comment
<< Home