Sunday, June 04, 2006

Three Great Days Off!

After working 5 day on/1 day off all month. I finally have some time off and it feels fantastic! Our Camp has move form Prince George to Cheytwyn B.C which is about three hours away. I like to call it the windy town because, it's really windy. Today was our camp set up, the way it works is every crew has a duty they have to do so that the camp is functional. Our crews duty was to put up the eating tent. This duty would be no problem in any other place except here. You see, the eating tent is made of aluminum pipes(which makes up the frame) and two large canapés which are draped over the frame. Usually, you would through canapés over the frame, hold it down with large logs/stones, tie it down with rope and peg it in to the ground with rebar. The problem came when we through the canapé over the frame the wind went right through the tent and lift it up like a par shoot. So, half our crew would literally hang off the frame while the others would peg it down. IT didn't work at all, we attempted three times before deciding that we either needed more people or that we should do it at night when the wind is calmer. So, our crew went to town and deceived that we would set the tent up tonight........What an ordeal. On a positive note, the last two days I have been working on an autobiography, which is part of my application for a paramedic program and I finally finished. I am so happy. Happy Happy JOY JOY.......... Yes, so relieved. A friend of mine lent me his lap top for the last few days so I have been sitting in our work truck. Typing away like a made man. shilsodorphaychnbdkd Mad I tell you Maddddddddd..... horkachemetoda! That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger G-Force Youth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ash-Am said...

I've never understood why the "e" on canape gets an accent. Unless all canapes are french...

8:52:00 AM  
Blogger G-Force Youth said...

CHECK YOUR EMAIL, YOUR BROTHER HAS SENT YOU IMPORTANT info FROM SIAST!

11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home