Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Can you jump out of the skin your in?

For some reason today has been a really jumpy day. Which seem really strange because every part of body hurts. So ........ I'm finally on some kind of tree planting break which was originally supposed to be two weeks and now is only one. These last two weeks have been insane for me. This last contract I have been working 5 days on 2 days and one day when I went into town I saw an ad for a scuba diving course. It was perfect because the four days of training landed on the very days I had off. So, I have been going none stop for two weeks and I am proud to say that I now have my open water scuba diving licensee. Although I got in trouble for being a "Cowboy" or going off and doing my own thing, I still passed with flying colors. Yeah.... So, I'm excited for the break because I will be spending three days in Saskatoon with my bro and sis than going down to Winnipeg and heading to the cabin. Oh, so much fun! My parents, Amber and I are going down there and I'm going to drown all three of them in the lake. hahahahahahahah
So, back to the jumpy day! I arrived in Jasper at 1:00 am and nothing was open except hotel rooms that cost $200 dollars or more. So, I had no where to go, nothing to do and it was cold outside. Sitting under the over hang of the train station I thought to my self Evan what are you going to do for 6 and a half hours in the cold and the only thing that came to mind was to pray. So, I read most of the book of John and prayed but here comes the funny part. Right around 3:30 am I was right in the middle of an intense prayer(You know claiming things, waving your hands and yelling) and had just finished saying the line "God, I want you to speak now" when out of the silence/madness a crow flew at me and screeched the loudest KKKKKKAAAAHHHH I have ever heard in my life. I nearly had a heart attack because for hours I hadn't seen any signs of life or heard a noise and out of the blue this mammoth size crow nearly speared me with its beak. Then second scare was less life threating. When I was waiting for something to open I was sitting on a wooden bench just talking to my self, looking to the right of me and when I glanced to my left side there was a life size picture of a little gril licking her ice cream within a foot of my face. I let out this "Holy Smokes" followed by a racing heart beat and I haven't been the same since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home