Saturday, May 13, 2006

Your Worth is Not Your Tree Count!

I'm in a strange position. I'm one of those people who would work just as hard or harder @ a hourly wage job then I would at a job involving piece work. Yet, I'm out here for a second year of tree planting. Now, don't get me wrong. I love the hiking, fishing and living outside but in the past I have been more of a "flight" than a "fight" person. I Evan Moffat am learning to fight and I'm not talking about going into town one day and starting some kind of bar fight. I'm talking about fighting for what I want. Over the years I have doubted my ability to do anything I put my mind to, but I'm tired of second guessing myself. I'm tired of settling for second best because there is a chance that I will fail. The Root of this doubting comes from fear. My fear of failing is greater than my understanding of the possible rewards. The rewards are endless if only I would take the chance........................................ People in the past have told me to just do my best and although they are well meaning words they didn't (in my mind) encourage me to do better. The reason for this was that I didn't have the right understanding of what it meant to do your best. In the past "doing your best" seemed like a cop-out for not trying hard. Now, I have realized that to do your best is to strive to do better while not basing your self worth on your performance. With this new understanding I am learning to receive this complement from every one. So the next time you see me tell me to do my best.

Thank You God for giving me this revelation.

God Bless

2 Comments:

Blogger Ash-Am said...

I liked when you said,
"Now, I have realized that to do your best is to strive to do better while not basing your self worth on your performance."
Nicely put!

6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Norma Jean said...

yeah very nicely put.....sorry woudve commented sooner but ive only been back in the country for a little over 72 hours...soyeah ..but youre thoughts are encouraging.

4:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home