Thursday, May 25, 2006

To Pound or Not TO Pound That is The Question?

This last week has been one of the best treeplanting week I have ever had. The crew is finally coming together as a team and I am putting in the number of trees that I want. We have had beautiful land, weather and amazing times together. For those of you who don't know what a pounder is I will explain. By treeplanting definition a "Pounder" is some one who puts in an insane amount of trees not matter what the weather, land or tree price is like. Being a pounder is like being on the honor roll in school....... They are the Elite. I am proud to say that my very own brother was a pounder in his time and I am becoming one too. The trick is not to have one or two good days but to be consistently putting in a lot of trees everyday. The blog this week is not to brag but to celebrate my accomplishment as a planter. I hope to become not only a really good planter but a approachable, teachable, humble person, and to take many great life lessons from this season. One of the best parts of treeplanting is going back to your tent after a hard days work knowing that you worked you ass off all day and you have done what you wanted. Now that is a sense of accomplishment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ash-Am said...

Awesome Ev, maybe one day you can be a "quarter pounder"..mwuahah not very funny; but I liked what you said about not just becoming a good planter but to take in the great lessons of life. It's about the journey, not always the end goal. When it comes to school, I never seem to be able to remember that. oh well try again next year! :)
Amber
P.S. about that other comment on my blog; I'm sure you could just run while you plant!!jk

10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, when you have worked your ass off, I imagine that might hurt, how do you put it back on?

7:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey evy,

That is really awesome that you are doing so good in tree planting. Just wanted to leave u a little message to say hi and that i miss you lots. You are one awesome cousin and are a good example for me...ttyl. God bless.

1:55:00 AM  
Blogger G-Force Youth said...

this is "pounder" just wanting to say thanks for the nod in the blog ... i'm blushing ... proud of you ev for who God's constantly changing you into!

8:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home