Sunday, May 07, 2006

Life Again; A whole new living

My life as a tree planter has started again but this year everything is different, I'm a veteran. I have a good Idea of the best and worst situations I'm going to be in. I know the in's and outs of the camp and the best part is that people stopped calling me "Rookie"(A most demeaning term) I think the hardest part is having patience for those who don't know what they are doing and like to complain about everything under the sun. Some days I want to say things like "Suck it up or mostly get back to work" but I don't, I just give some insight and encouragement to help them get through the day. Yes, treeplanting is hard work but hey, they are the ones who signed up for the task. So, life is good so far except for some minor details like dry cracked feet and an Avulsion to the lift hand- middle finger.

Treeplaniting is ............ an awesome experience. I love being in the bush and getting away from the every day and it seems like God comes more and more alive to me everyday..........Speaking of that, the other day I got to talk to one of my crew members about the purpose of life. It was a great conversation about why we are here and what is in store after death. The best part was when he told me that he feels something(the Holy Spirit) Sometimes and I told him that I feel it too. I can just stand there and feel God all around me. He thought that was awesome. .... I hope to have more talks with him in the near future.

A life of freedom is a good life to live.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ev ... this is ash and jas saying hi and being grateful that you're alive. heard about your finger, hope it gets better soon. don't forget the saran wrap! (LOL)

10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Ash-Am said...

I only have one word for you...and it starts with a "w" and ends with a "oot"!!
Amber

5:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Evan,
Glad to hear things are going good. Sorry about your finger Sound like being in the bush is a great place to visit (with God). Talk to you soon.
Love
Mom

7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home