The Essence of Music?
I have been given a new revelation of the music in my life. Many have heard me rant about this but I will post it on my Blog anyways. In the beginning music was created by God, for God. So, in this world nothing is truly evil unless it has become twisted by evil or the lack of what is good (Sin). No genre, style or type is in its truest form Evil. (Which we all know) The revelation came when I realized that: how you channel the emotion or passion that the song provokes is just as or even more important then the words that are written in the song. Music is a powerful tool---- can someone be swept up in music? I believe they can but I think the real question is: will you let the music control you or will you control the music and where it leads you? Personally, I feel that there are certain songs (Christian or Non) that I can’t listen to because in no way can I channel the provoked emotion in the right way. Maybe, these songs are preying on my weakness or are truly lacking everything that is good but a lot of songs are redeemable. For the Songs that provoke aggression in me, I use them to hit the punching bag or weights. Many times I would listening to Rage Against the Machine or Project 86 while working out. This style of music would drive me to hit bag harder or lift one more rep. What I found while in this frenzy of passion (believing the soul, body and mind are connected) is that I would start to pray. This prayer would bubble up from within my soul because of what the music would entice. These prayers would be about the difficult parts of life. I remember once praying for a friend that once believed in Christ but now has gone far from Him. I learned to take almost any kind of music and channel the passion towards a greater purpose. (Romans 14 &15) I will not use my freedom/convictions/priorities in morality to bring my "brother/neighbour" down!
Personally, there is nothing greater or more exciting then to be changed by God on a daily basis. I implore you not be held back by propriety or cultural limitations. Be whom you were born to be, a great man/women in the army of God. Find your way in life! FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!
Personally, there is nothing greater or more exciting then to be changed by God on a daily basis. I implore you not be held back by propriety or cultural limitations. Be whom you were born to be, a great man/women in the army of God. Find your way in life! FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!


1 Comments:
indeed my friend. music has so much power. weild it well, for now is the winter of our discontent.
whatever that means.
oh yah, that's great, ah ha ha ha. oh yah....yah! showing the love...lots of love...yah that's great.
-klinger
Post a Comment
<< Home