Can you be happy in miss fortune?
On my last day off I spent the day in Prince George, saw StarWars 3 and had a good day off untill I got back to camp. When I got back I found that the tarp and my fly had been blown off my tent. It had rain for a couple of hours before hand so the rain had poured through the vents in the top on my tent onto my sleeping bag, suit case and pretty much everything except my pile of books. I was fortune enough to have done my laundry that day so I had most of my cloths with me . It was really late when we got back to camp that night so almost everyone was sleeping but I found someone who borrowed me a couple of sheets and a dry therma rest. I spent a few hours pulling everything out of the tent and tring to dry it off . Once I got most of the water out my tent I put a lot of dry cloths on and wrapped the sheets around my body. I slept at least for a few hours until I woke up in the middle of the night( which I found our later was the coldest night since we have been out here) shivering/shaking because I was freezing. I decied that sleeping in a half wet sleeping bag would be warmer then sleeping in a couple of sheets so I wrapped the inside of my sleeping bag with the try sheets and jumped in. Although the stupidest thing a person can do is get into something that is wet when they are cold; it actually worked for me. I guess the shell of the sleeping bag keep out the cold air and my body warmed up the sheets which in turn warmed up the sleeping bag. Although I woke up wet I still was warm. I work up at about 6:00 went to work and had the best day of my planting career. I planted about 1800 trees that day. Why was it the best day ever you ask? Well, I truly believe that it was because of my atitude through the whole situation. All I could do when I confronted with a bad situation is to say "You give and take away but my heart will choose to say,Lord blessed be your name" ( Worship Leader at Heart) hahaha
Don't get me wrong although tree planting is hard work I'm still have the time of my life. Half the people in camp are christians so I debate theology all the time. I challenge their faith and the challenge mine. Some of the non-christains get annoyed because we are always taking about God. I hope some of the non- christian guys are touched by the Holy Spirit so they can have a new life with God. I don't push any thing down their throuts but if they ask me questions I'm going to answer them. The Holy Spirit can do the rest.
Prayer Requests : 1) That I am intagral in all parts of my life so they will see the spirit inside of me 2) Tree planting gives you a lot of time to think and I want to dwell on the the things that a good, right and godly.
Don't get me wrong although tree planting is hard work I'm still have the time of my life. Half the people in camp are christians so I debate theology all the time. I challenge their faith and the challenge mine. Some of the non-christains get annoyed because we are always taking about God. I hope some of the non- christian guys are touched by the Holy Spirit so they can have a new life with God. I don't push any thing down their throuts but if they ask me questions I'm going to answer them. The Holy Spirit can do the rest.
Prayer Requests : 1) That I am intagral in all parts of my life so they will see the spirit inside of me 2) Tree planting gives you a lot of time to think and I want to dwell on the the things that a good, right and godly.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home