The Bee Stories
I seem to encounter a lot of bees in my tree planting travels.
1) a few times I left the door open in the tent and bees flew in and they couldn't get out
2) I was planting one day and I could hear a bee buzing. So, I keep planting for about five min and the buzing wouldn't leave so I looked high and low for this bee. I tried walking around and looking in my pockets in finally I put my hand into my back pocket in my planting bags to get some lunch and this bee flew right out of the pocket, it scared the crap out of me.
3) I was planting and a bee flew onto my shovel hand. I didn't move because most people who encounter a bee start to through their arms about frantically and then the bee stings them. So, I waited for the bee to leave. This bee which was the size of a quarter seemed to be interested in my hand which was covered in sun screen. It stated to do this kind of sweeping\sucking motion with it's tentacels and was actually sucking the sun screen of my hand. Not only that but once it was done with the top of my hand it proceeded to crawl between the inside of my palm and the shovel that I was still holding on to. While this was going on my foreman(Chuck) had driven by at least twice and was probably labeling my a slacker because I was staring at my hand and standing in the same place for almost ten minutes. The bee eventually flew away and I got back to work.
1) a few times I left the door open in the tent and bees flew in and they couldn't get out
2) I was planting one day and I could hear a bee buzing. So, I keep planting for about five min and the buzing wouldn't leave so I looked high and low for this bee. I tried walking around and looking in my pockets in finally I put my hand into my back pocket in my planting bags to get some lunch and this bee flew right out of the pocket, it scared the crap out of me.
3) I was planting and a bee flew onto my shovel hand. I didn't move because most people who encounter a bee start to through their arms about frantically and then the bee stings them. So, I waited for the bee to leave. This bee which was the size of a quarter seemed to be interested in my hand which was covered in sun screen. It stated to do this kind of sweeping\sucking motion with it's tentacels and was actually sucking the sun screen of my hand. Not only that but once it was done with the top of my hand it proceeded to crawl between the inside of my palm and the shovel that I was still holding on to. While this was going on my foreman(Chuck) had driven by at least twice and was probably labeling my a slacker because I was staring at my hand and standing in the same place for almost ten minutes. The bee eventually flew away and I got back to work.


2 Comments:
I like that story.
oh evan... I hope you have some more nice encounters with bees instead of the horrible ones you could be having. I miss you on Tour summer buddy, I was on crutches for a week of it but I'm off them now... still 4 weeks to go.
Stay safe on your tree planting expidition... and God Bless... you are in my prayers
Post a Comment
<< Home