So, they call it the “God Gene”?
Today in class we were recognizing the phenomenon of the “God Gene”. It has been said that women have a “God Gene” inside of them. It seems that woman are more prone to becoming a Christian or setting moral standards in life and relationships. In a heterosexual relationship if one out of the two people were Christians the odds are that the female will be the Christian. With a broad stroke of generalizing; in churches it seems like more women then men are ready to help out at the church, start programs, and bring some kind of helping hand. Is it the way that God have made them? Has God made them in a way that it is natural to give a helping hand? Has God given the female population the responsibility to set the moral tone because it seems as though it is happening. Where are the men of God? Now, there seems to be more then one problem. I feel another problem is how the tone is set. This is where God is teaching me the difference between setting a moral tone with legalism or the freedom of Christ. Now, everyone has a certain amount of Emotional and Cultural Baggage. I have been in certain situations were someone has said that I can’t watch this move or I can’t listen to that music. I know that I have control over how I act, react or feel and no one can make me feel anything, but these people seem to condemn me for what I am doing. This Condemnation that I feel, provokes shame and guilt that is not always healthy. So, I have two problems: 1) It seems that some Men aren’t setting the moral tone and I know I should and could be with my life 2) When a person sets the “moral tone” I need to discern between Emotional, Cultural, Legalistic baggage and the “Moral Tone that Christ has set for my own life. I believe that Christ has set us free from legalism, but what that means in our society this day and age is a different story. Truth is not dependent on our minds but the application of it is, in our lives!


2 Comments:
lol. I've heard about the "God Gene" before. I've seen some things that seem to suggest that women search more than men do... it is an interesting topic...
However, I have also noticed something else. If you hear the terms "Man of God" and "Woman of God" which seems more influencial? Perhaps I am wrong in assuming that it is "Man of God" but it seems to me that it is. Perhaps that is because they are naturally meant to be leaders. Maybe we just balance each other out.
hmm. I was going to try to prove that I could write short comments too... I guess this will have to do... at least it's shorter than that last one I posted.
For sure women have a God gene! Just look at the story of Pilate's wife in the Bible. In Matthew 17 it says she had a dream because she had a dream about him. I think that as a whole because of the sensitive side of women they are more inclined to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. I don't know why, it's just something God decided to do with women. It helps to balance out the dominating tendencies of men. Does that make sense? I don't know what else to say about this. So bye!
Post a Comment
<< Home