"Why Is There Something Rather Than Nothing At All?"
The biggest question in philosophy: “Why is there something, rather then nothing at all?” This is the question that many people have spent hours, days, months, years and even their whole lives trying to answer. I believe that it should be the question that drives my life. Why is there is something? Why am I here? Being a Christian I have an answer that sounds shallow but that has unbelievable depth to it. God, God is the reason I’m here, God should be the reason that I live. Why would people go through life creating there own moral standard, lifestyles, motives, rewards and false sense of security when they will cease to live after dieing a mortal death Why? Why would I want to live another day if I did not live in an eternal way; after these 80 or so years on this earth! These 80 years are but a vapour in the ocean of eternity. If I truly thought that there was no life after this death I would have committed suicide years ago; for there is no point in living if there is no purpose to life. Dare I say, that I know the purpose? GOD! Dare I say that I can worship God in everything that I do? What if I walk down the street and worship God just by getting exercise? What if, I say that picking or blowing my noise can worship God? Wow, now some of you are probably thinking, Evan we have heard all of this before. Yes, many have heard it but few fully understand. I am not saying that I fully understand the statement that “Worship is a Lifestyle.” For it has taken me years to understand only a part of this statement. I’m glad that I have not committed suicide and have answered the biggest philosophical question of all time. It is not for my Glory but for His, it is not my life for I have given it to Him, It is not my universe (the pride of human kind) but it is God’s. It is the Father’s, the Son’s and the Holy Spirit’s. It Is God’s! NOT MINE!


2 Comments:
Hey Dude... I totally like your thoughts on this and i have also in the past few months been looking at life in a more eternal sense. As i have been discussing my faith with new believers and unbelievers, i see that without God, life is meaningless. I wasn't created to just come to earth, live and die, i live forever! I like ur comments and it's a goal of mine to be more kingdom focused and laying treasures up there, rather then down here! It baffles me, at why i so often get so wrapped up in whats down here, when the only thing that matters is bringing souls up there. This life isn't about us, we have no rights, we must submit to His! Bless you Bud, enjoy ur break!
Dude, I was just up in my room listening to some MCS (Motion City Soundtrack for those outside of the world of punk) and they aren't Christian, but the words weren't getting through. It was just me (dancing like a crazy man) and God, and I could just hear "I love you, you're mine". The past few days have been awesome for worshipping God, and I know that He is here and all, but WOW! He's so much bigger. It's super awesome when God breaks into our lives and floods us with His Spirit, but I think it's just as awesome as when we take our regular lives and expect God to work everywhere! And He does and He will and He has and it's so amazing!
Post a Comment
<< Home