Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Why do they call it Worship?

It seems as though almost everyone in the protestant background calls music, worship. I know that this subject is over run by comments and my statement was a huge generalization but bear with me for one min. We have the worship leader, worship set, worshipers, worship department, worship books on worship leadership. We have the Worship pastor who on Wednesday nights teaches a course on worshiping. I don't know about you but this worship "music" is a little to pigeon holed for me. I don't know if this whole blog is a waste of time because I am overanalysing mere semantics but I hate the box that worship has been put into. Why do so many people know exactly what I am talking about when I say I'm leading worship this Sunday? I wish that if I were to say this they would have to ask questions about my role in the service. Things like o so you are leading Sunday school? Bible study? Reading scripture? Preaching? Painting? Drawing? Drama? Living? Ok so maybe the living is too much but we are worshiping God by the way we live. I guess that God is the only one who I should be worried about. I pray that I worship God everywhere and in every way!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home